Although no forensic testing of any kind can be guaranteed to be 100% accurate, research gathered by The American Polygraph Association has suggested that qualified polygraph examiners can achieve an accuracy of 95% to 98% when an examination is conducted in an accurate manner, with issue-specific questions and using validated polygraph techniques.
Through our robust policies and the application of best practices, Lie Detector Investigations can fulfill and satisfy these conditions by operating to the key conditions, listed below.
- Our examiners are fully qualified, experienced and accredited.
- We only use up-to-date, computerised polygraph equipment and validated test techniques.
- A pre-examination checklist is completed at the time of booking to ensure the examinee is a suitable candidate for testing.
- An examination is conducted in an environment which is void of distraction and disturbance, and therefore we do not conduct tests at a person’s home.
- We adhere to The American Polygraph Association’s continuing education policy, by undertaking updated polygraph training, every two years.
The American Polygraph Association (APA)has gathered studies on the subject of test accuracy, further details of these studies can be viewed on their website.
For qualified examiners please refer to The American Polygraph Associationand/or The British Polygraph Association.